RocketGrip Stick Grips now available and your guide to fitting them
- by Sam Marron-Bonathan
Check out the latest brand to hit HockeyStation RocketGrip. We are pleased to be stocking RocketGrip Fabric, Hole and Rubber in a variety of designs. RocketGrip allows you to stay on top of your game and keep on doing what you love the most
RocketGrip has a 6 step guide on fitting them to your twig
Step 1: Creating the Relief
Start with creating a preferred relief, which will be under the grip. Use rings between fingers or simply apply grip over the old tape job.
Step 2: Centre
Use your thumb to center the grip in the middle of the ice hockey stick, hold it until Step 4.
Step 3: Leave 1cm
It is important to leave around 1cm from the knob out before applying the heat to the ice hockey grip
Step 4: Start from the top
First and foremost you have to start from the knob side, remember to hold your thumb as long as top has shrunken fully and is fixed. USE ONLY HEAT GUN FOR FABRIC AND RUBBER GRIPS
Step 5: Slowly rotate
When applying the grip, slowly rotate the hockey stick, it should shrink on all sides equally
Step 6: You are ready
Lastly let it cool down for a few minutes and you are ready to hit the ice
- If you don't have personally the heat gun, there is an easy solution. Either come in store and we will happily put the grip on your stick for you. Or each and every ice rink will have them, because it is frequently used to instal end plugs, so ask for the heat gun in your home ice rink!
Does it fit goalie sticks?
- It depends on how big is the knob of the stick, if it is bigger than 4.2CM in diameter you will not be able to use it over the knob, however still the grip can be installed on the stick part, afterwards applying over it the knob with tape.
- It is also possible to apply RocketGrip over already existing tape job, with doing so RocketGrip will shrink and fit in form of your old tape job, this is preferred way if you don’t want to change the feeling you are already familiar with.
What to do if the grip is loose?
- In case if your grip is too loose, we would advise you to use heat gun for second application. It has higher temperature and grip should shrink as much as it can and then there must be no problems. However, please, watch the installation video and read the instruction carefully!
Can it be taken off and used again?
- RocketGrip lasts till the stick brakes, it cannot be taken off and used again.
What if the grip did not fully shrink?
- One of the most important things is that don't throw out the grip if this happens. Use heat gun instead of the boiling water and everything will be fine! It happens because some kettles do not fully boil the water temparture as neccessary. For Rubber grips we recommend to use heat gun only!